Welcome to IHPCO
The hospice philosophy recognizes that every person deserves to live out his or her life with respect and dignity, alert and free of pain, in an environment that promotes quality of life.
From its beginnings, hospice has focused on the whole person–body, mind and spirit–with an understanding that serious illness profoundly impacts not only the patient, but also family and loved ones as well.
We here at IHPCO hope to provide you and your loved ones an in-depth understanding of hospice care and the things you should expect during the sometimes difficult journey to end of life.
Indiana has some great hospice programs and services. IHPCO is also here to guide you in making informed consumer choices.
If you have questions or need further clarification on anything you read on our site, please contact us. We’re readily available to serve you.
Seeing death as the end of life is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean.
- FY 2021 Hospice Wage Index Final Rule The new rule can be found here and a fact sheet can found here. Of note - the modified election statement and addendum requirements were finalized by CMS and will be effective for hospice admissions effective October 1, 2020....Read More
- Music Inspired by the Compassion and Hope of Hospice is Recorded by Nashville Artists Proceeds from NHPCO’s Hospice Music Project new recording The World Around the Bed: Songs of hope and healing will support PPE supplies for hospice providers. (Alexandria, Va) – The birth of the Hospice Music project...Read More
- While hospice also focuses on managing symptoms and pain, this type of care is for people in the terminal phase of their lives. As such, it includes an interdisciplinary team approach to tend to the holistic needs of the patient and family. Dependent on a...Read More
- Several years ago Family LifeCare realized that our Veterans require special care and support at the end of life. Recognizing these unique needs of America’s Veterans and their families, we have made a commitment to pursue Veteran-centric educational activities and to support strategic partnerships with...Read More
- http://www.hearttohearthospice.com/Quality-care-From-Heart-Yours.htmlRead More
- https://www.seasons.org/2018/06/it-really-does-matter-how-we-die/Read More